The about page is the second most important page of any website/blog. So I’ll come straight to the point.
Hello there, I’m Shubham Davey
Note: Since this is the second most important page of a website/blog, I want to leave a good impression. So it’s gonna be a bit of a long post. Get some coffee & hang on.
I’m seeing a lot of misconceptions around SEO as a digital marketing channel for promoting a business online. A lot of beginners are wanting to get into blogging, and actually are taking steps for the same.
However, they are falling short of a helping hand who can save them from making common mistakes that will not help them in any way. I want to be that helping hand.
That’s my goal, that’s my target audience & I want to share all that I’ve learned since 2011 via this blog.
If you’re here for the first time, I want to welcome you to this blog, where online business enthusiasts & brands
Everything I share here is for those who want to learn to promote their businesses or ideas online. My major focus on this blog will be on SEO as a marketing channel. SEO to promote your blog, SEO to promote a business blog, SEO for e-commerce, and more.
Here’s what you will find here:
- Practical guides that will teach you various concepts of blogging, SEO, marketing, branding (Guides, how to’s & troubleshoots) & make money online.
- Community of fellow bloggers who’re ready to help each other & bring the community to higher level. (apply to be a member of premium community)
- Guides & case studies ideal for freelancers, niche professionals, beginners who want to build a personal brand online.
- Introduction to bloggers who’re making it huge in the blogging industry & learn the practical experience from them.
- Marketing guides: The whole point of this blog is to share everything I know about marketing. Things I discovered & taught myself to promote my blog and survive in this industry over a decade.
- Free & paid products/courses/workshops for various concepts of blogging, SEO, WordPress & monetization.
- ….and many more exciting stuffs
I have multiple blogs targeting various niches & communities, but this blog is the most exciting & ambitious project & I’m very possessive of this blog.
Apart from these things, there are a handful of things that you won’t find here. Here’s what those things are:
- Quickfire ways to make money online. This is not a betting website. Sorry! I don’t know how to get rich quick without inviting attention from CBI/FBI or getting banned on Google.
- Forbidden ways to get traffic to your blog, i.e black hat techniques. What I teach here 100% white hat SEO techniques & marketing methods that are globally accepted. I don’t have experience in doing something backdoor that makes sense only for a while. I play the long game. Good things take time. I avoid thing with instant rewards, so should you.
- Just like anything else & any other job, growth takes time. You can’t have hundreds of thousands of visitors in one month. You can start for free, growth comes at a cost, in this context, the cost is time. If you have a mindset of having let’s say 100k visitors in a month, this blog isn’t for you. Though I can help you improve this mindset.
About me (Shubham Davey), how it all got started?
Yep! That’s me. Decent photographer. I’m rarely seen in front of the camera, posing.
Shubham Davey talks about blogging, SEO, marketing & passive income online.
As I’ve mentioned above that this blog is one of my most ambitious projects, hence I’m too vocal about blogging, as a profession (on this blog & other platforms as well). I’m a blogger by the brain. I think as a blogger & my blogs are nothing less than startups.
I have a lot to say, but I’ll stick to the context & share what matters the most.
I was never into marketing, at all. I used to hate marketing as a kid. I’ve grown up seeing salespeople running door to door only to end up sell hardly anything.
But maybe my destiny wanted something different. During my college days, I was exposed to Blogspot. I have wanted to get into blogging since my school days but didn’t know where to begin.
A friend of mine created an account for me on Blogspot & my first ever post was a complete copy-paste from another website – The post was about how Instagram was blocked in Iran, I remember it clearly.
Fast forwards a few months, I was able to get around 30,000 pageviews a month on my blog. I was on cloud 9.
This streak continued for a couple of months & then I decided to move to WordPress. I heard that I’d have better control of my blog. Thanks to the lack of awareness of the difference between wordpress.com & wordpress.org, I ended up creating a free wordpress.com blog, which was basically the same as what Blogspot is, in fact, I find Blogspot better than the free wordpress.com blog in so many ways.
I lost all the traffic from Blogspot & it took forever to get used to WordPress. I unknowingly killed my blog. I had to begin from scratch, but this time with experience.
That’s when I started blogging almost full-time (I had a job as a full-time as side-income :p) & never looked back since then.
That was a bit about me, now let me talk about where I want to reach – the next milestone.
I’ve recently got featured in Growth School, India’s most revolutionary learning platform that has helped 180k students learn various digital skills.
Future goals for this blog
I started this blog in 2019 (several others since 2011) & since then have grown substantially. Though I didn’t have a plan right from the beginning, I came up with a plan on the way.
The biggest hiccup came this year in April when my blog was hacked & I lost all the content. Every single thing I had published since 2017.
I was devastated, but I knew this was a good thing somehow. I got myself together & started writing guides that were published earlier from scratch, this was heavily thorough & well thought.
Results left me in shock. I got more traffic than last two years in 3-4 months. I wanted to update the content anyhow, so the hack was a good thing that happens to me.
As part of the future of this blog, here’s what coming your way.
- Premium community: I’ve been in talks with a lot of people, especially beginners to understand their sturggle of constant support in their journey. The community I’m building is fixing that. This community will take care of everything a beginner needs to make money online. You execute, I will answer you questions. Haven’t checked the community? Click here to apply.
This pretty much covers everything that matters the most. With this blog, I want to change how people think of the Internet. I want to try to give financial freedom to people who think they can change the world with the knowledge they have.
This blog is just a fragment of what I want to build. It’s most ambitious & a long-term investment for a reason. With this blog, I’m trying to change the mindset of people who think the internet is only for games & social media.
I want to help them build a profitable blog that makes money for them. With this as a foundation, I want to take the game to the next level where the blog becomes your identity & the credibility of that blog as your personal brand.
Personal brand, that’s what I do the best.
Join my journey on Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram & Facebook. This page will be the least updated as most of the things will not change, except the future plans. If you’re here for the first time, check out the blog section to learn more about blogging, SEO, & make money online.
Let’s keep in touch & be the change.